Friday, August 24, 2018

Fergus Falls, Little Falls, Rain Falls, Soo...Chippewa Falls

Bloomer, WI to Chippewa Falls, WI
18 miles
233 feet ascent
397 feet descent
634 calories

The forecast last night looked bleak, and this morning it only looked slightly better,  so when it looked like there might be a break, I made a dash for nearby Chippewa Falls. 

Stiff Winds & Rain In Bloomer, WI

I made it.  Almost.  A few miles outside of town the sprinkles turned into rain drops, so I had to ride the last leg in showers.  Fortunately, Chippewa Falls has what turned out to be a great bike shop (Spring Street Bike Shop), where I got my derailleur adjusted while doing laundry.  I got a nice lunch for a change, got to see the local brewery, Leinenkugels, and poked around town between showers, so the day was productive in the end. 

Chippewa River

Chippewa Falls

But the neatest part, in my opinion, is the motel I'm staying in has the coolest sign by far of any of the places I've stopped!

Indianhead Motel

3 comments:

  1. We used to call Leinenkugels "Leinengoggles" for obvious reasons. Many good times there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Leinenkugels for a friend once and he refused to drink it almost.
    Is that motel sign what you were emulating between building walks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to go south of Lake Michigan or up and over it through the upper peninsula?

    ReplyDelete

Final Tallies from GPS