Thursday, August 23, 2018

Bloomin' "Wind"sconsin!

Cumberland, WI to Bloomer, WI
59 miles
1,552 feet ascent
1,693 feet descent
2,357 calories

One does not usually associate winds with Wisconsin, but that is what she dished out today, making for a trying day.  It just seemed like one uphill trudge into a headwind after another.  Several times I just "gave up" and stopped waiting for a lull.  But they were few and far between.

Stiff Winds at the Ridgeland, WI Veteran's Memorial

Even stopping for a long lunch didn't seem to matter.  Eventually, I made it to Bloomer, but it took much longer than expected.

While there a plenty of farms, I am still looking for all those dairies for which Wisconsin is famous.

Scenic Wisconsin View

Wisconsin Hills

There don't seem to be as many abandoned farms as in Minnesota and North Dakota, but they are around.  Here is one along the route today in case someone is looking for a "fixer upper" farm!

Wisconsin Fixer Upper Farm

And, just to see the potential, here is one already fixed up.  (No, I am not going into real estate.)

Wisconsin "Fixed Up" Farm

I tried a new strategy on a potential chasing dog this afternoon!  He started barking and trotting, so I just slowed and looked at him, and suddenly he just stopped.  I'm not sure if it was my body language or simply he was trained to stay in his lawn and not go into the street.  I wonder what The Dog Whisperer would say?  I'll keep you posted on this strategy after the next chase :)

Today's cows were right next door to the Bloomer Inn, so you know I had to go check them out.

Everybody Wants To Be In The Picture

Electric Cows

Sunset Cows



1 comment:

  1. I think maybe you strategy should vary according to the size of the pooch!

    ReplyDelete

Final Tallies from GPS