Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Chasing The Border At Chisago City

Milaca, MN to Chisago City, MN
60 miles
636 feet ascent
889 feet descent
2,291 calories

Technically speaking, you could probably consider Chisago City to almost be a suburb of the Minneapolis St. Paul area since it is only about 20-30 miles away.  But it looks very familiar to many of the other small Minnesota towns that have been around a long time with old houses and simple Main Streets.  I didn't think things could get any greener, but the tree growth in eastern Minnesota is very dense wherever the land has not been cleared for farming.

Forest Near Milaca, MN

And now this may seem old, but two more bald eagles were seen perched in another tree today, bringing the total eagle sighting count to six!  That guy from Duluth was correct when he said Minnesota has lots of eagles.

Two Bald Eagles Near North Branch, MN

No other unusual wild animal sightings today, unless we count this zoo in someone's front yard.  They may be competing with those oversized animals of North Dakota.

Rhino, Hippo, Gorilla, Monkey, & Wheat Thrasher?

I did get to see a new side of Minnesota this afternoon in North Branch outside an auto repair shop.  I just wish they had been out driving them around so I could have taken some action shots.

Absolute Chaos & Absolute Havoc

Today is the last day in Minnesota as I will cross the St. Croix River early tomorrow and enter Wisconsin.  I have to say Minnesota has been quite surprising with none of the "killer mosquitos" I had heard about, but maybe I've been lucky as it has been windy and cool most of the time, but that's fine with me.  Surprisingly, I think I saw only one deer the whole time I've been in the state, but they obviously are around as this sign would indicate.

Deer + Car Sign



2 comments:

  1. North Branch is a great city if you need parts for your 1973 AMC Pacer or 1997 Nissan Pathfinder. Cycling is a good way to cross the Saint Croix River. Not so good is swimming across after several shots of Jack Daniels on a bet. I heard from someone that the current can be quite strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....probably before the Ganges Ranger times.

    ReplyDelete

Final Tallies from GPS