Monday, July 16, 2018

Rested in Redmond

Sahallie Falls in Central Oregon


A day of rest is just what the doctor ordered, and exploring the sights of Central proved extra relaxing.  My good friends Brian and Christine were great tour guides taking me to Bend, OR  and westward into the mountains, where lakes, waterfalls, and greenery were in abundance.

Sahallie Falls

Sisters, Clear Lake, and Sahallie Falls were just a few of the spots we explored.  If you have never been to the area, I highly recommend it.

Moving Forward
101, 106, and 98 degrees are the forecasted highs for the next few towns on the agenda.  So, I have decided to activate “ Plan B” or “Operation Safe Biking, Fast Forward” to avoid the danger of heat exhaustion.  I’ll be renting a car in Redmond and will “ self- SAG” to Lewiston, ID” where the elevation is higher and the temperatures are cooler. (“SAG” stands for support and gear and refers to someone who drives a vehicle in support of cyclists.). I will see the sights of the Lewis and Clark Trail in Eastern OR and WA by car and resume riding in ID.
Tour Guides Brian & Christine
Sahallie Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Tallies from GPS