Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Idaho's Welcoming Ride

Lewiston, ID to Winchester, ID (July 17, 2018)
36 miles

Idaho Welcoming Committee
(They won the stare down contest)

It turns out Idaho isn't much cooler than western Washington and Oregon.  Leaving Lewiston early and keeping the distance short was supposed to make for a comfortable ride.  It did for a while, but then the 3,500' ascent up to 4,000 feet kicked in and kicked me right between the eyes.  While Lewistown reached 100 degrees, I don't think Winchester was much further behind.  In the end, I made it, but it definitely was not fun.  I think it was the hardest 36 mile ride I've ever been on. 

Old Railroad Trestle

The route along Hwy 95 criss-crossed several old railroad trestles, which are no longer in use, but made for interesting viewing.  As did many of the ranches just outside Lewiston.

Horses Out For A Morning Trot

Break Time

I stayed at the Winchester Lake Lodge for the evening, where there is no cell phone  coverage and no Internet access, so I could not post until today.  It would be a nice place for a getaway though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Tallies from GPS