Saturday, July 21, 2018

Heading Up Lolo Pass

Lowell, ID to Lochsa Lodge (Powell), ID
64 miles (13 by car through construction zone)

Katie & Tom Hardman Join Riding 

It's great to have company along, and today's ride was sweet as Tom & Katie Hardman from Colorado Springs met me in Lowell and rode today further up the Clearwater River almost to Lolo Pass.  The weather was very cooperative and even pushed us uphill with a nice tailwind.  Tomorrow we will resume, clear the pass and the finish up in Missoula, MT.

Clearwater River

Riding along this scenic river for three days still has not gotten old, and I think you can see why.  Taking breaks is easy since there is always a nice spot to pull over and listen to the rippling water and wind through the pines.

Break Time on the Clearwater

It's A Small World

This morning while waiting for Tom & Katie to arrive, I was talking to the motorcycle touring guy next door to me at the Wilderness Inn.   Turns out he lives less than sixty miles from me down in Carlsbad, CA.  And, on top of that, he knew one of my co-workers from Panasonic.  Small world indeed.

3 comments:

  1. I can't say, but her initials are Landa Berry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the pictures of bridges and rivers! what an epic adventure you are on!

    ReplyDelete

Final Tallies from GPS