Friday, August 3, 2018

And Then There Was Nothing....

Mosby, MT to Jordan, MT
52 miles
1,870 feet ascent
2,029 feet descent
2,176 calories

Leaving such a cool place as the Hill Ranch Oasis is tough, but the road beckoned, and it's high time to get out of this state. 

Dolores With The Hill Ranch Oasis B&B's New Sign

Nothing against Montana, but by my count I have been here eleven days!  The state just goes on and on, and today it became the most desolate I've seen it yet; no farming and very little livestock.  Virtually nothing.  There were more abandoned sites than anything else.

Eastern Montana


Old Abandoned Site

Break Time At Dry Creek

The most entertaining part was looking at some of the odd names chosen for the ranches.  Did they think these through?

The Lo Bar Ranch

Hooker Livestock


Jordan is another small town with a population of just a few hundred and only two or three places to eat.  I chose the "R- Ranchers Bar" for a cheeseburger and fries, and I got a few odd stares from the locals, but I am used to it by now.

Local Checking Me Out At The R- Ranchers Bar


Downtown Jordan, MT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Tallies from GPS